Website Achen-Gardner Construction
Department: Business Development and Marketing
Experience Level: Entry Level
Reports To: Marketing Coordinator
WHO WE ARE: Achen-Gardner Construction (Achen-Gardner) is a 100% employee-owned heavy civil contractor specializing in complex wet utility, roadway, and water/wastewater facility projects utilizing the Construction Manager at Risk, Job Order Contracting, Design-Build, and Design-Bid-Build delivery methods. Since our founding in 1989, Achen-Gardner has grown to a team of more than 200 local employee-owners who are experts in underground utilities, pipeline assessment and rehabilitation, water and wastewater plants, street improvements, grading, paving, and concrete flatwork and structures. We take pride in our organization and the relationships we develop and maintain with our clients, colleagues, and industry partners.
EMPLOYEE-OWNERSHIP: Being a 100% employee-owned firm is integral to our company identity. It’s the foundation of our values, our culture, and the way we serve our clients. Most importantly, being 100% employee-owned means everyone who works for Achen-Gardner is a part-owner of the company. Our success is driven by our employee-owners, and we want them to be rewarded for that work. Since joining the Emery Sapp & Sons Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) in 2019, Achen-Gardner has experienced incredible growth and we look forward to a bright future as part of the ESOP.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING: Marketers at Achen-Gardner are self-motivated individuals with a positive attitude who actively contribute to a wide range of marketing-related activities. They are responsible for taking the lead and driving marketing projects from an execution standpoint, and must have solid organizational, design, and communication skills.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Assistant is primarily responsible for:
– Design and production of marketing collateral to increase brand awareness, including social media, website, newsletters, and other channels.
– Design and production of proposal documents, graphics, presentations, videos, animations, and other media relating to Achen-Gardner’s qualifications-based project pursuits.
– Project photography, videography, and photo and video editing and production to support marketing goals.
– CRM system maintenance and data entry.
– Various other marketing and design related tasks including writing, editing, and organizing.
JOB FUNCTIONS: General day-to-day duties include, but are not limited to:
– Coordinating with the Marketing Coordinator, Business Development and Marketing Manager, and other employee-owners and departments.
– Maintaining a wide range of data via Dynamics 365, our CRM system, and staying up to date on CRM best practices and usage.
– Coordinating, designing, editing, and producing content for social media, emails, ads, internal communications, promotional material, branded merchandise, and more.
– Documenting field work through photography and videography.
– Editing, organizing, and maintaining a database of project photos and videos.
– Editing and producing marketing-related videos.
– Developing and maintaining a catalog of marketing materials including collateral, resumes, project descriptions, etc.
– Design, update, and maintain the company website and social media pages.
– Designing page layouts and graphics for proposals for qualifications-based work.
– Coordinating and assisting with the company’s networking, public relations, and business development efforts including participation in professional, client, and community organizations, associations, and events.
– Coordinating inventory of apparel and promotional items.
– Providing support for local events and corporate event planning.
– Required Skills and Abilities:
– Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills.
– Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
– Excellent organizational skills with the ability to drive large projects while simultaneously managing small tasks.
– Excellent attention to detail when it comes to processes, proofing, and error checking.
– Ability to work well in both independent and collaborative environments.
– Excellent time management skills with ability to juggle concurrent projects with tight deadlines, across various teams with minimal supervision.
– Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, and Bridge.
– Proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word and Excel.
– Must be 18 years of age or older.
– Must have reliable transportation with the ability to travel.
– Must have the ability to work extended hours as required by the workload.
– Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
– Must have or be willing to acquire a Remote Pilot Certificate to fly a drone under the FAA’s Small UAS Rule (Part 107).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related discipline, or comparative experience.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Marketing experience in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) industries.
– Experience with CRM systems, specifically Dynamics 365.
– Experience with website updates and maintenance, specifically Squarespace.
– Physical Demands and Work Environment:
– Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
– Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
– This team member will work out of our Chandler, Arizona office.
– Some regional travel may be required, including overnight stays.
BENEFITS: Beyond competitive compensation, Achen-Gardner offers its employee-owners a variety of additional perks and bonus opportunities:
– Industry-leading Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
– 401(k) & Financial Health Education
– Comprehensive Health Benefits & Insurance with Wellness Incentive
– Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
– Business Casual Office Environment
– Paid Time Off (PTO)
– Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
– Apprenticeship Programs
– Leadership & Training Programs
– Growth Opportunities
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Achen-Gardner is an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions on the basis of merit, qualifications, and competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, marital/familial status, sexual orientation, veterans’ status, genetic information or disability or any reason prohibited by law.
Achen-Gardner is a drug and alcohol free workplace. A pre-employment drug test is required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org