Assistant Design Director—Arizona State University
Assistant Design Director
Arizona State University
Enterprise Marketing Hub
The Assistant Design Director will be working in a fast-paced studio environment that is committed to effectively and efficiently developing communications through inspired design and branding, especially for event-based work in alignment with performance marketing campaigns.
The individual will manage, prepare and coordinate the implementation of a variety of best-in-class graphic design projects in preparation of various digital and print media. Under the direct supervision of the Enterprise Marketing Hub Senior Director and in alignment with the creative direction, the assistant design director will support a variety of digital assets including email campaigns, social posts, display ads, animations and other creative to ensure an aligned journey for the end user.
The role also includes directing and creating other media, including event materials and other creative as assigned. This position will work closely with university collaborators, especially the brand creative teams, the project management team and related marketing teams.
$55,000 – $70,000 per year; DOE
• Responsible for all phases of graphic design from concept to completion including the planning and alignment of creative for design of emails, social content, digital ads, sales materials, brochures, multimedia presentations, websites and more.
• Work with university staff to develop ideas and efficient design systems within brand standards to produce a large body of work.
• Work closely with directors and delegates and will play a critical role in reporting progress, establishing priorities, coordinating with other designers working on university and alumni event-related projects, and training others on the use of university brand standards in the work.
• Develops a high-level of brand expertise about ASU’s family of brands and implements the creative direction into design for digital and print materials.
• Responsible for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with professional organizations, contractors, university administrators, faculty, staff and students, including student employees.
• Represent the Enterprise Marketing Hub and serve on various department and university workgroups.
• Participate and may facilitate planning meetings, review sessions, photo direction, and brainstorming.
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Arts or a field appropriate to the area of assignment and four (4) years of related experience working on both a PC and MAC platform; OR, eight (8) years of related experience OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
• Experience in implementing, leading and coordinating best-in-class, branded communications (both print and electronic).
• Experience applying human-centered, insights-driven design processes.
• Experience with problem solving, decision making and the ability to provide leadership in a highly collaborative environment.
• Experience in conflict resolution and problem solving with multidisciplinary workgroups.
• Experience actively participating in constructive critique in office and in project communications.
• Experience in creating static graphics and animation designed in ways that deepen engagement with the brand and deliver on the intended Key Performance Indicators.
• Experience designing both digital and environmental graphics for events and marketing campaigns.
• Experience designing for time and across media in a user’s journey. Shows decision-making skills for the steps in a user’s engagement with the brand – from initial impressions to real life experiences to digital engagement and beyond, considering the appropriate design moves for each interaction.
• Experience in rapidly preparing graphics and communications in order to respond real-time to emerging news and important announcements.
• Experience designing for and managing web, email, video graphics, multimedia projects and print.
• Experience in conducting creative, inspirational research to discover and apply emerging design trends and techniques.
• Experience working with project management systems.
• Evidence of effective communication skills.
• Demonstrated knowledge of design software: Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, AfterEffects, InDesign,), Google Docs, basic HTML and office software.
• Experience using and contributing to established and emergent identity systems including object libraries, color palettes, and strong typography systems to create inventive design solutions.
• Experience in having a proactive approach to work throughout the course of a year, anticipating and proposing projects based on past experience with clients.
• Experience in managing multiple projects, using design to advance progress by proposing solutions and showing collaborators what is possible before final content or images are delivered to the designer.
Our office is on the 4th floor of The Centerpoint, 660 S. Mill Avenue (15 minute walk from the main campus and from athletics facilities). Work will be mostly in front of a computer on a workstation, but may have instances of traveling to other offices/buildings for meetings with clients. May work weeknights, weekends and holidays.
The ASU Enterprise Marketing Hub is a “best-in-class” internal marketing agency that offers strategy and services to ASU clients while providing hands-on, educational experiences for our students.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 90,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation’s fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
FOR PRE-SCREENING, PLEASE SUBMIT A LINK TO YOUR PORTFOLIO.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. The EMH does not sponsor visas.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 70638BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4328716
To apply for this job please visit sjobs.brassring.com.