INTERMEDIATE LEVEL ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHIC DESIGNER / ARCHITECT—Gould Evans + Canary
We are a diverse and nimble design team that integrates brand at all scales within the built environment to create powerful and emotive spaces for our clients. From brand strategy and identity development, print collateral and digital mediums, signage and environmental graphics; we function as a specialized creative team within Gould Evans, a national architecture and design firm.
We are looking for candidates that display the skill and desire to be a part of a multi-disciplinary team and who possess a rigorous work ethic. Candidates should be ambitious and curious with a collaborative mindset and a strong passion for the design process and details, project delivery and how design influences the physical space.
Primary responsibilities of the position:
- Management, design and development of a project from programming, conceptual and schematic design, design development, production files, fabricator coordination through construction administration.
- Work collaboratively within our studio, encouraging and challenging one another across multiple disciplines toward more innovative solutions to our clients’ design challenges.
- Pro-actively manage client expectations, team communication, project schedules and budgets, and consultant coordination.
- Collaborate with clients to determine their vision, purpose and function for the environment, budget, and end outcomes.
- Integrate findings with project-specific research and knowledge of graphic and environmental design, formulating solutions that are grounded in best practices yet unique to the clients’ needs.
- Development and presentation of brand and graphic concepts to internal teams and external clients and/or partners.
- Development of signage design intent drawings and specifications inclusive of keyplans, message schedules, elevations, design details, materials, scale and finishes.
- Review shop drawings, mock-ups, samples, graphic layouts, cost estimates, and VE solutions submitted by fabricators and project consultants.
This is a full-time position in -person in Phoenix, Arizona, which includes generous benefits such as flexible schedule, vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plans.
We are seeking candidates who possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or environmental design and/or a minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant architecture, environmental graphic design or exhibit design experience.
- Experience with conceptual thinking, planning, documenting, and supporting environmental graphics, wayfinding, and signage projects in the context of the built environment.
- Confidence in leading design dialogue both internally across a multi-disciplinary team of architects, interior designers and graphic designers, and with client and/or user groups.
- Strong understanding and passion for creating three-dimensional design solutions or wayfinding strategies including messaging, typography, color, imagery, materiality, fabrication techniques and detailing.
- Ability to read/interpret floorplans, RCPs, and elevations and understanding of graphic, signage and architectural materials and construction techniques.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, & Acrobat, as well as Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, Google Sketchup or equivalent.
- Experience with 3D Max, Grasshopper, Rhino, Podium or equivalent a plus.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume, cover letter with salary requirements and an electronic portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no calls about this position. EOE/AA/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com