Graphic Designer (A/E Industry)
Website Matrix Design Group, Inc
About Matrix: Matrix Design Group, Inc., an employee-owned planning, engineering and environmental consulting firm is actively seeking a Graphic Designer with experience in the Architecture / Engineering (A/E) Industry in our Phoenix office. As an employee-owned company we are committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, respect and excellence.
Our strengths of service, innovation, and skill are a result of that belief. We have a friendly, collegial, cooperative atmosphere and offer a full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance; holiday, vacation and sick leave; training and education; 401(k) and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). Matrix employees are encouraged to participate in employee wellness programs, social committees and community outreach programs. We strive to employ highly motivated people with excellent communication and applied problem-solving skills who desire to advance their talents and skills.
Graphic designers work on multimedia and graphics projects and must be able to create, execute, and edit concepts and layouts for those projects. Design or create graphics to meet specific needs. Responsible for the design or creation of graphics to meet specific needs including the development of new graphic designs and modification of current graphics. The position will be responsible for graphics support, including: artwork development, typesetting, proofreading, proof approvals and artwork transmittals. Designs and produces signage, brochures, and a variety of other graphic products for projects, solicitations, and presentations. Develops solutions to problems related to graphic design and production.
– Conceptualize, design and develop high-quality print and web-based materials that align with specific client needs while meeting deadlines; products include presentations, proposals and deliverables for print and digital media.
– Create innovative, client-specific materials focused on winning new business and building a strong brand across the country; (custom pitch books, deliverables, posters/boards, placemats, brochures, interactive files).
– Demonstrate strong layout design skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a straightforward and visually-appealing manner.
– Produce attractive and effective designs for all media.
– Create, redesign or retouch existing photographs, drawings, floor plans, site maps.
– Design and edit PowerPoint documents.
– Partner with technical and creative sides to construct and deliver high quality products.
– Coordinate with proposal team to prepare proposals including formatting, layout, technical writing and proofreading.
– Assist in preparing materials such as project write-ups, resumes for proposal documents and client presentations.
– Review and analyze requests for proposal (RFPs) and request for qualifications (RFQs) and edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements and maintain company branding.
– As needed, assist with marketing material for Company including website, social media, newsletter, public relations, and brochures.
– Communicate effectively with senior team members to receive feedback.
– Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes.
– Remain current in the Graphic Design industry; identify new techniques and trends.
– Act as expert and mentor in digital design internally and with clients.
– Proficiency in Adobe Creative and MS Office Suites
– Knowledge of marketing and communication principles
– Strong organizational and communication skills (written and oral)
– Team oriented and ability to get along with others
– Ability to multi-task, be proactive, work independently or in a team setting and establish priorities
– Exhibits initiative, creativity, adaptability and accountability
Education and Experience:
– Undergraduate or graduate degree in a graphic design, interactive design, or a related field.
– Minimum four (4) years of experience as a graphic designer in a corporate environment
– Experience in InDesign
– Engineering industry graphic design experience preferred
– Valid driver’s license, in conjunction with successfully passing the Company’s MVR screening.
– Applicants must submit a portfolio/link to portfolio
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Matrix Design Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location.
Any applicant with a qualifying physical or mental disability who believes s/he requires a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should contact us at 719-575-0100 for assistance.
How to Apply:
Please apply online at http://www.matrixdesigngroup.com/careers
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.